Describing to the players what things look like is standard operating procedure for GMs. We've mentioned making use of the sense of smell and the power of olfactory descriptions a few times before. So let's not do that. But did you know there are many other senses you can utilise as a GM?
- The sense of pain: "That blow from the dark elf's sword really stings, much more than usual... you can feel it burning away at your flesh."
- The sense of balance: "The sulphurous vapours from the cave are making you feel very dizzy... Are you sure you want to try jumping over the lava pit?"
- The sense of direction: "You have no idea which way is north any more, or which way you're going."
- The sense of foreboding: "You're getting a really bad feeling about this..."
- The sense of a complete waste of time: "Okay, fine, search all of the temple one ten-foot-square section at a time, then! <roll> Oh look, wandering monsters!"
See how Bria's just silently going in to talk to the contact that will possibly be helpful?
See how Cassian's just saying the same thing over and over again to no avail?
When I first saw Cassian, he seemed likeable. And Bria seemed kind of annoying. Lately though, Cassian is proving to be increasingly incompetent/unhelpful and Bria is proving knowledgeable, experienced and overall very useful. I mean, Cassian already said they wanted to see Jabba, and this is the guy who works for Jabba, and Bria's already going to be meeting with him. You've done your job Cassian, now just wait and let Bria do her thing.
Maybe he needs another bonk on the head from K-2.
So let's take inventory of Who's Who in this battle. First, our heroes, who so far have acted like a bunch of goons. Next: Jabba, Imperials, "red nuns", Rebels,...
We know this is going to be a total party kill. It looks like this is going to turn into an everyone vs. everyone fight. Taking place years ago, in a galaxy far away.
Oh: "we have the crystals". Are these spice crystals? Khyber crystals? Diamond crystals? Plain old lightsaber crystals?
GM: Your blindfolds are removed. You're in the most wretched hive of scum and villainy you've ever had the privilege of smelling.
Benthic: This place is so well hidden, you'll never find it again.
Chirrut: <sniff> Well that's a relief.
Partisan 1: Hey, Kyle, the raid was a success. We have the crystals.
Kyle: I say, my band of brothers, good work!
Partisan 1: We also captured these witnesses. One of them swears she knows you.
Partisan 2: But everyone knows you. So big whoop.
Kyle: Hmm. Bring her to me, the rest can wait.
Cassian: We're here to see Jabba!
Partisan 3: Would be so kind as to take a seat in our waiting room?