Updates: Sundays while we wait for Episode IX
Episode VII news!
We had a big discussion at our last fortnightly board games meet-up, about where we're going and what we want to do next. On the positive side, we're all excited to start work on Episode VII, and we discussed a bunch of plotting ideas.
The big issue is the logistics of writing strips, now that we don't have lunchtimes together to do the writing. We talked about it, and the current plan is:
- We finish off the Muppets story, then do the usual 3-strip intermission, at 1 strip per week.
- While that's playing out, we plan story material for Episodes 7-9.
- I (David Morgan-Mar) will start writing skeleton scripts for comics, outlining plot points and story beats and with some dialogue filled in. Some of these will be completed scripts, others will have gaps where I need more inspiration or ideas.
- At our fortnightly games nights, we'll do a quick run through the skeletons, brainstorm ideas for gaps in the scripts, add punchlines, tweak things, and hopefully manage to produce six completed strips a fortnight. We may also have catch-up sessions on voice chat to polish things off.
- We will try to build up a buffer of 3 strips per week, to allow us to return to our 3 strips a week schedule for Episode VII.
- We'll see if we can sustain this level of activity. Hopefully yes. But if not, we may have to decide to cut the schedule back a bit.
There's no such thing as leaping to conclusions in a roleplaying game. It's all either "logical deduction" or "obvious in hindsight". Even if it's a bat-deduction.
At least, that's what you can claim when trying this out during a game.
R2-D2: So, I asked myself, if these things on Kamino weren't clones, what were they?
R2-D2: The answer was clear: someone thought to use superior droid technology over inferior biological organisms.
R2-D2: And who do we know who himself transcended his organic form to become electronic?
C-3PO: General Grievous!
R2-D2: No, no... Nute Gunray.
C-3PO: No, Grievous is somehow involved as well! I can feel it.
Luke: General Grievous?
C-3PO: He used to be Chancellor Valorum, before Palpatine. But he went crazy and turned himself into a cyborg.
Luke: Wow, metal.
Our comics: Darths & Droids | Irregular Webcomic! | Eavesdropper | Planet of Hats | The Dinosaur Whiteboard | The Prisoner of Monty Hall | mezzacotta
Blogs: dangermouse.net (daily updates) | 100 Proofs that the Earths is a Globe (science!) | Carpe DMM (whatever) | Snot Block & Roll (food reviews)
More comics we host: Lightning Made of Owls | Square Root of Minus Garfield | iToons | Comments on a Postcard | Awkward Fumbles
Published: Sunday, 19 January, 2020; 02:11:10 PST
Copyright © 2007-2019, The Comic Irregulars. firstname.lastname@example.org
Star Wars and associated character, planet, vehicle, and creature names are registered trademarks of Lucasfilm Ltd,
which does not sponsor, authorise, or endorse this site. This is a fan-produced parody site. Original film images are copyright Lucasfilm Ltd, and are used here
only as a vehicle for parody. The comic images may not be redistributed or sold.