All the best things can happen when the PCs don't have weapons. Consider running a game where they are unarmed civilians, and have no real prospects of getting their hands on anything more dangerous than a baseball bat or a slingshot. Fun for everyone!
In the real world of the Theme Parks & Theropods universe, of course, Jurassic Park doesn't exist. That's the premise of this entire comic, after all. But most of the other things we know and love (such as hyperintelligent theropod dinosaurs) do, albeit modified by the lack of Jurassic Park:
- Dinosaurballs is a serious documentary about natural history museum fundraisers.
- Sam Neill is known (barely) for doing voiceovers for poorly selling computer games, but gains widespread fame after his appearance in the first Futurama movie.
- Laura Dern is known primarily for her role in Grizzly II: The Predator.
- Nerdy guys make YouTube videos of themselves cooking gourmet desserts instead of climbing electric fences.
- Without the success of Jurassic Park to spark interest in dinosaurs, Dinosaur Comics was never revived with a movie and a new series, and remains an obscure short-running webcomic.
- Barney was never made into a movie. Fans of, well, pretty much anything never had it so good.
- The major prehistoric adventure background that pervades all of Western culture is Land of the Lost, despite it never being much good. The original TV series was adapted recently into a new, updated film with a bigger budget, high-tech computerised special effects, and edgy writing. And it sucked.
- Throughout the 1990s, all the greatest Hollywood blockbusters were big-budget remakes of 1940s classic films.
- The Comic Irregulars exist and are making a screencap comic based on Bridget Jones's Diary.
Tim: What... was that?
Lex: A dinosaur!
Dr Grant: Cool! What weapons do we have?
Gennaro: Uh... this is designed as a fun, safe, ride. There are no weapons.
Dr Grant: Where's the fun in that?!
Tim: The goat is gone!
GM: A chunk of bloody meat falls on the glass above you, Lex.
Dr Malcolm: You know, chaos theory could have predicted this.
Dr Grant: The theory that everything is unpredictable?
Dr Malcolm: I knew you'd say that.
T. rex: RAAAARRRHHH!
Dr Grant: Can I grapple it at least?