If you could do anything in your game, what would you do?
Well, in real life you're choosing to spend time sitting around eating pizza and playing a roleplaying game, so it makes perfect sense that the characters within the game would do the same thing, right?
In the real world of the Elliotts & Extraterrestrials universe, of course, E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial doesn't exist. That's the premise of this entire comic, after all. But most of the other things we know and love (such as Reese's Pieces) do, albeit modified by the lack of E.T.:
- Alienballs is a serious documentary about deep sea manganese nodules.
- Henry Thomas is known (barely) for doing voiceovers for poorly selling computer games, but gains widespread fame after his appearance in the first Futurama movie.
- Drew Barrymore is known primarily for her role in Waxwork II: Lost in Time.
- Nerdy guys make YouTube videos of themselves playing drum covers of popular songs instead of flying bicycles through the air.
- Without the success of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial to spark interest in friendly alien movies, Superman was never revisited with numerous movies and series, and remains an obscure one-shot comic book.
- My Favourite Martian was never made into a movie. Fans of classic sitcoms never had it so good.
- The friendly alien background that pervades all of Western culture is Mork and Mindy, despite it never being much good. The original was adapted recently into a new, updated TV series with a bigger budget, high-tech computerised special effects, and edgy writing. And it sucked.
- Throughout the 1980s, all the greatest Hollywood kid's films were psychological thrillers that gave kids nightmares for weeks.
- The Comic Irregulars exist and are making a screencap comic based on Apollo 13.
GM: Something throws the ball back out of the shed. A shiver runs up your spine.
Elliott: I run for the house.
GM: Dex roll.
GM: You slip on the pizza.
Elliott: There's a goblin in the shed!
Michael: Maybe it was an iguana.
Elliott: It was no iguana.
Tyler: Where's the pizza?
Mary: Did you boys order pizza?
Steve: Right, you're all distracted. I'm rolling for wandering monsters.
Elliott: You don't get to roll wandering monsters. That's the GM's job.
Steve: And I'm the GM. Five. You got an arrow right in your chest.
Michael: Oh, great.
Elliott: Are you guys playing D&D, inside the game??
Michael: Well until something interesting happens, yeah!