We've said before that one way to make NPCs memorable and distinctive is to give them different voices or accents when speaking in character. Another method is to act out scenes between NPCs with puppets. No, really! Try it sometime.
Asking your players to use puppets might be going a bit too far, though.
In the real world of the Amphibians & Anthropomorphisms universe, of course, The Muppet Movie doesn't exist. That's the premise of this entire comic, after all. But most of the other things we know and love (such as fast food frog's leg franchises) do, albeit modified by the lack of The Muppet Movie:
- Boomerang Fishballs is a serious documentary about food poisoning caused by Chinese food.
- Jim Henson is known (barely) for doing voiceovers for poorly selling computer games, but gains widespread fame after his appearance in the first Futurama movie.
- Frank Oz is known primarily for his role as "Prison Storeroom Keeper" in The Blues Brothers.
- Nerdy guys make YouTube videos of themselves jumping off buildings instead of leaping motorcycles into theatre boxes.
- Without the success of The Muppet Movie to spark interest in puppetry, Rag, Tag and Bobtail was never revived with a movie and a new series, and remains an obscure short-running TV show.
- Thunderbirds was never made into a film. Gerry Anderson fans never had it so good.
- The major puppetry background that pervades all of Western culture is H. R. Pufnstuf, despite it never being much good. The original film was remade recently into a new, updated television series with a bigger budget, high-tech computerised special effects, and edgy writing. And it sucked.
- Throughout the 1970s, all the greatest Hollywood blockbusters were big-budget disaster movies.
- The Comic Irregulars exist and are making a screencap comic based on Inception.
Gonzo: I still say this many balloons can't lift me.
Sally: They're floating balloons, silly!
Kermit: Faster! Faster! Let me drive!
Fozzie: Stop distracting me. Remember what happened with the Studebaker?
Miss Piggy: Here's the plan. We fill the car with helium so it floats too, then we can just grab Gonzo.
Fozzie: And all of us will drift off!
Miss Piggy: Which way is the wind blowing, Sally?
Miss Piggy: To Hollywood! Brilliant!
Sally: Doc Hopper is chasing you, with a shotgun!
Kermit: What's this on the map?
Sally: A billboard with a giant custard pie on it!
Kermit: Aim for that.
Fozzie: Are you nuts?!
Fozzie: Hey, let go of the wheel!
Sally: The pie flies through the air and hits Doc Hopper's car!
Sally: His gun shoots Gonzo's balloons! Gonzo lands on your car!
Fozzie: Can we take these stupid puppets off our hands now?
Gonzo: Actually, I'm really getting into it.